WELCOME TO COLLAROY NIPPERS
Sunday Nippers runs from 9.15am during the season at Collaroy Beach.
The 2017/18 season will start on Sunday 8th October 2017.
DOWNLOAD OUR SMARTPHONE APP
- Download “Team App” from iTunes or Google Play.
- Sign up to “Team App”, receive your confirmation email, Log In, find “Collaroy Nippers”, click on our logo, hit “Continue” on the “Welcome” screen and have a look around.
- You can do the same thing from a laptop or desktop, just go to https;//collaroynippers.teamapp.com
JOIN COLLAROY NIPPERS
There are 2 options for joining Collaroy Nippers in the 2017/18 season.
1. If you are renewing your registration from last season please update your details online. Click here to renew online and here for instructions. You will then need to pay your fees by Direct Deposit, EFT, Cash or Cheque.
2. Come to Collaroy SLSC on 3 September or 17 September 2017 between 9am and 12 noon. Please complete the Membership Application Form before you arrive and bring proof of age (Birth Certificate or Passport) for your Nipper.
Please bring cash or cheque as we have no credit card facilities.
All new members need to register in person as we need to see proof of age (please bring a Birth Certificate or Passport for your Nipper).
Membership Fees – 2017/18
Under 6’s & Under 7’s | $ 80
Under 8’s to Under 14’s | $120
Associate Nipper Parents* | $30
[*Associate Membership is for Nipper Parents who are involved in any Junior Activity. We require at lest one Parent to become an Associate Member. The Parent will need to complete a Member Protection Declaration and show photo proof of ID (e.g. a Drivers Licence). Download the form here]
Junior Family Membership* – $240
[*Includes Parents unless they want to compete at Senior Carnivals. These Parents are required to take out membership at the Senior Level]
All Nippers in Under 9’s and above that want to compete at Carnivals will be required to pay a $50 Competition Levy.
Carnival details for the 2017/18 season have not yet been finalised.
Nipper Nats. at Manly and Wave Warriors are not included.
Paying Membership Fees by EFT or Direct Deposit
Our bank details are;
Bank: Westpac Dee Why
Account name: Collaroy SLSC
BSB: 032 192
Account Number: 260 208
Reference – please enter your family surname
Nippers Age Groups
The Nippers Age Groups run from Under 6’s through to Under 14’s based on your age at 30 September 2017.
Nippers Proficiency Tests
Proficiency tests for Under 8’s and above will be held at the start of the season.
Please contact Dave Barbour for any further information – firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENTS / TEAM APP
The best way to keep up to date with Nippers Events is via Team App.
Instructions below on how to download it your phone or computer.
* Download our Smartphone App
Download “Team App” from iTunes or Google Play.
Sign up to “Team App”, receive your confirmation email, Log In, find “Collaroy Nippers”, click on our logo, hit “Continue” on the “Welcome” screen and have a look around.
You can do the same thing from a laptop or desktop, just go to https;//collaroynippers.teamapp.com
All Nippers in Under 9’s and above that want to compete at Carnivals will be required to pay a $50 Competition Levy (if you only want to compete at Branch OR State the levy is $25).
Carnival details for the 2017/18 season as at 28 November 2017
Bennett Board at Dee Why – Sunday 22 Oct 2017
Queenscliff (Beach Only) – Sunday 29 Oct 2017
Newport (Water Only) – Saturday 4 Nov 17
North Steyne (Beach Only) – Sunday 12 Nov 2017
Bennett Fast & Furious at Freshwater – 26 Nov 17
Water 9-10’s Teams at Dee Why – Sunday 10 Dec 2017
Beach Only at Narrabeen – Sunday 14 Jan 2018
Branch Beach Only at Collaroy (TBC) – Sunday 4 Feb 2018
Branch Water Only at Collaroy (TBC) – Sunday 11 Feb 2018
State Beach & Water at Blacksmiths – Fri 2 Mar to Sun 4 Mar
Nipper Nats. at Manly and Wave Warriors are not included.
Carnival Entries – all Competitors aged Under 9 and up need to pay a $50 Competition Levy.
- Freshwater Fast & Furious “Water Only”, 26 November 2017. Coming soon
- North Steyne “Beach Only”, 12 November 2017. Results
- Newport “Water Only”, 4 November 2017. Results
- Queenscliff “Beach Only”, 28 October 2017. Results
- Bennett Board at Dee Why, 22 October 2017. Results
- State at Blacksmith’s, 3-5 March 2017. Results and Point Score
- Branch “Beach Only” at Narrabeen, 5 Feb 2017 and “Water Only” at Newport, 12 Feb 2017. Results and Point Score.
- Narrabeen “Full Carnival”, 15 January 2017. Results.
- Queenscliff “Teams Water”, 4 December 2016. Results
- North Steyne “Beach Only”, 20 November 2016. Results
- Newport “Water Only”, 12 November 2016. Results
- Queenscliff “Beach Only”, 30 October 2016. Results
- Bennett Board at Dee Why, 29 October 2016. Results
- State at Umina, 4-6 March 2016. Results and Point Score
- Branch at Palm Beach, 7 & 14 Feb 2016. Results and Point Score
- Nipper Nats at Manly, 25 January 2016. Results
- Narrabeen, 18 January 2016. Results
- Queenscliff, 6 December 2015. Results
- Newport, 8 November 2015. Results
- Queenscliff “Beach Only”, 1 November 2015. Results
- State Titles – Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th March 2018 at Blacksmiths Beach
- The Collaroy Nippers Committee would would like to invite all of our Nippers from Under 9’s to Under 14’s to attend the 2018 NSW State Championships Carnival.
- The event is being held on Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th March 2018 at Blacksmiths Beach. The carnival is non selective so we would love to see as many Nippers participate and their families join us. Previous years have been lots of fun (regardless of the weather!) The weekend’s calendar is jammed packed, all are welcome to join! Most people arrive on the Thursday night to settle into your accommodation before the commencement of Race days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- We would love you and your family to join our Welcome Friday night BBQ, venue TBA and we host a State Dinner on Saturday night at the Belmont 16’s Yacht club.There is a touring levy per competitor of $50 each – this covers entry into the carnival, Friday Family BBQ (covers all family members), Competitor Dinner on Saturday Night and your child’s representative gear.Non Competitors/siblings and parents cost of Saturday night Dinner will be $20 per child (3-12) and $30 per adult.
- RESPONSES AND PAYMENT IS DUE NO LATER THAN THE 10TH DECEMBER 2017 TO ENSURE TOURING GEAR CAN BE ORDERED AND DELIVERED IN TIME.
- The following form will cover
- * Competitor Details
- * Representative Gear Sizes
- * Volunteer Roles
- * Code of Conduct and Social Media
- * Payment details
d/e/1FAIpQLSdSLqN-nToCa6YiOt0J AmwYw7WFgVhEyIyVyH5vp6GOZ0GueA /viewform?usp=sf_link
- More information will be available as we get closer to the event, feel free to contact either Mel or Bron to discuss any concerns or require further information.Thank you taking the time to complete the form, confirming your intention to travel and we look forward to you all joining us at Blacksmiths!
- Mel Morson and Bron Walton – Touring Committee Team (email@example.com)
OUR NIPPER ORIGINS – COURTESY OF GEOFF SMALL
Attempt #1 to establish Collaroy Nippers
The first attempt was in 1965/66 started by Mick Chapman, Neil Montgomery ( father of Chris Montgomery) Peter Montgomery and Laurie Walsh – all Life Members of the Club.
Due to there never being a collective name for this group of youngsters within the movement they were called “Juveniles” until the name Nippers became prominent and so the nipper movement was born.
In their first season they had 185 Nippers registered with between 80 to 100 turning up every Sunday morning.
They capped off a great first season by winning the Branch Point score at their first attempt.
With the Nipper movement being in its infancy the Collaroy Club are credited with playing a major role in the growth of the Nipper Movement on the Northern Beaches.
Perhaps the club’s greatest claim to fame is that Collaroy hosted the FIRST OFFICIAL STATE NIPPER CHAMPIONSHIPS – on Sunday March 5th 1967 and the Carnival was sponsored by the chocolate drink called Ovaltine.
It was a massive undertaking for the club as 5,000 Nippers turned up from around the State.
By the end of the 1966/67 season the club had 140 registered Nippers and in that 18 month period some 14 youngsters had transferred to the Senior Club.
Unfortunately the good times weren’t to last and by the early 70’s despite many attempts to get fathers qualified (no ladies on the beach in those days – only in the kitchen) most parents had very limited surf skills and treated the Nippers as a Sunday morning child minding service and interest had waned considerably, accordingly the Collaroy Nippers folded.
Attempt #2 to establish Collaroy Nippers
The second attempt and as we know them to day started almost 30 years ago during the 1985/86 season by Neil Montgomery one of the founders from the 60’s who was keen to get so see some form of activity with his grandchildren.
Neil raised the topic with then Club Captain Bill Whitnall and despite fears that it could deteriorate once again into another child minding service run by the Senior Club an enthusiastic band of parents led by Rick and Robyn Dilger, Terry Mullane and John Dawson thought differently and with support from the Senior Club set about organising the clubs newest section.
The first Nipper Chairman was Terry Mullane ( who played a crucial role in the reformation) There is no doubt that over the years the Senior Club has benefitted greatly from the Nippers resurrection.
At the 1993 Branch Championships the Club won the overall point score and the medals were shared between sand and surf.
By the 1993/94 season Collaroy JAB was placed in the top four clubs in the State.
During the 1994/95 season the Club won the point score at every carnival it competed in including the Branch Champs which the club hosted. Part of this success was attributed to the sheer number of Collaroy competitors.
Along the way Collaroy has won many Branch and State Medals with many Collaroy members reaping the rewards for their efforts by making Branch and State Representative teams.
In 1992/93 season a milestone was achieved when Carolyn Dilger became the first Nipper member to have gone through all JAB age groups before joining the Senior Club.
By the Mid 90’s such was the flow of Nippers coming through to the Senior Club that recently anointed Collaroy Life Member, John Lewis who had linked up with the Nippers in 1987 became the clubs Inaugural Liaison Officer to ensure that the transition was a comfortable one.